engine cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine cleaning

i am checking to see what luck people have had cleaning the engine, and what was used for the best results. i was going to paint my engine black with chrome or stainless bolts, but i think it will be to much black on my bike, so now i am thinking about cleaning and using black bolts. If i just clean it and polish it should i put some kind of clear on it to keep it from rusting, because i have cleaned up some rust spots and dont want them to come back. also since with what little bit of cleaning i have done on the engine i like how it is looking so far. i want to know what you guys think. here is what i have so far.

the cleaning that i have done so far on the engine was done with an old toothbrush and dish soap.
    xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Try ordering some of James englands cleaner from oversea's it's supposed to be the bomb and then you could give product feed back and let us know how you liked it.
    Even a blind monkey gets the odd banana.

1979 XS 1100 special (been down the PO trail and it was messy)

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
      Try ordering some of James englands cleaner from oversea's it's supposed to be the bomb and then you could give product feed back and let us know how you liked it.
      It's good stuff. It's here in this thread: http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36901
      XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
        It's good stuff. It's here in this thread: http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36901
        ...........and any change left over could go for a set of shorty harley take-offs for those ole' Mac head pipes........look better than ear-plugs......
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          ...........and any change left over could go for a set of shorty harley take-offs for those ole' Mac head pipes........look better than ear-plugs......
          Are you talking the earplugs for his neighbours, fellow residents and anyone else passed/passing when the engine is running? Or the rider?
          XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Working...
          X