brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brakes

just checkin to see where i can find some new bleeder valves for both my front and back brakes. i was trying to bleed the front brakes, since i had a leak due to a loose banjo bolt on the left front brake and both of the front brake bleeder valves are starting to round off making it hard to tighten and loosen the valve. also i need new back brake pads. just wanted to check to see where most people were getting their brake parts, since i am on a tight budget i am trying to get the most for my money. any help would be great thanks guys.
    xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Get some speed bleeders, but more expensive but worth it. Just go to eBay and searcg xs11 speed bleeder and they will come up. Usually $5-$9 each. Do the same for brake pads.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I got mine at Autozone. Be sure to take an old one in there with you, because they tend to mix them up in their little parts bins. Also, ALWAYS put the little rubber caps over them. When water gets down in there, it rusts the tiny holes shut.

The speed bleeders will only work AFTER you bleed most of the air out. Otherwise, it doesn't build enough pressure to activate them.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post

The speed bleeders will only work AFTER you bleed most of the air out. Otherwise, it doesn't build enough pressure to activate them.
        Even if you have mostly air in the system, the speed bleeders work well if you use a mity-vac
        Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

thanks

thanks for the info guys.
          xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X