ID parts & what are they worth? Fairing, trunk, bags, seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID parts & what are they worth? Fairing, trunk, bags, seat

I bought a used fairing, trunk, bags, and seat recently. They are from an XS1100, not sure of the year. I figured this is as good a place as any to try and ID them and gauge the value. I wiped them down and took some pics today.

I'm trying to raise funds to buy another bike; I am parting out a 1991 Honda ST1100. I'm looking for a standard UJM 1100, a GS/KZ/XS (not a special) that is relatively close and inexpensive (needs some work) in North Florida or South Alabama or Georgia. If that bike is an XS1100 w/o this stuff, I'd use it there. If I end up with another GS or a KZ, I'll plan on selling the Yamaha parts. I've found some nice looking XS1100s in the Midwest for anywhere from $875 to $1350. Shipping costs break my budget, though.

The fairing is a Yamaha piece with ID plate SN 95xx and connector date copyrighted 1977. I didn't get keys to it so I don't know what if anything is in the storage pockets. I don't have the wiring harness, but it looks like a standard Molex connector. It has a clock and AM/FM/CB radio, plus an antenna. It looks like there was a CB antenna on the bag frame at one point.

The trunk has an emblem that says Calafia on it, and inside were fairing lowers, the fairing brackets, side covers, and some other plastic parts I'm not sure of. It has lights built into it.

The bags are intact, hinges and locks work good. Some surface rust on some of the chrome.

I forgot to photograph the seat. It is a king & queen style that is not ripped. It has some surface rust on the backside but the pan looks good.

Any comments are welcome. Thanks.
    Current bikes:
    1980 & 1981 Suzuki GS1000G
    Parting a '91 ST1100 & repairing an '85 V65 Sabre
    Shopping for an 1100cc UJM project now!

Looks like they are Macho Maroon, and that would be off of a 1978 i believe. More knowledgeable folks will know for sure.
    1980 XS1100LG Midnight
    1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
    A quick death and an easy one.
    A pretty girl and an honest one.
    A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Originally posted by Xray_Sierra View Post
      I bought a used fairing, trunk, bags, and seat recently. They are from an XS1100, not sure of the year. I figured this is as good a place as any to try and ID them and gauge the value.

The bags are intact, hinges and locks work good. Some surface rust on some of the chrome.
      Any comments are welcome. Thanks.
      This is the same setup I got on the 1978 XS1100E that I got pickup up in Louisville in February. Was told it as a Pacifico fairing. I paid $450 for the Bike and the Fairing and all the Luggage. Your fairing is about the same condition as mine but your bag tops are in better condition. Mine came with the cafe seat.

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Thanks. I've seen some bikes with all or most of this in the $800-1300 range, $450 was a steal. I'll see how things turn out, I may end up using them. There's nothing in my area for sale right now, so if I sell them, I can use that cash towards another bike.
        Current bikes:
        1980 & 1981 Suzuki GS1000G
        Parting a '91 ST1100 & repairing an '85 V65 Sabre
        Shopping for an 1100cc UJM project now!

Comment

That looks closer to 'Magenta Red', the '79 color although it still doesn't look quite right. The sidecovers are '78-79 standard, the fairing is a Pacifico and you can narrow the year down by checking to see if it has a Halogen headlight or a sealed beam; the sealed beam would make it a '78....
          Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
          '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
          '82 XJ rebuild project
          '80SG restified, red SOLD
          '79F parts...
          '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
          '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
          '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
          '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
          Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
          Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

yeah, that looks like a poor quality re-paint job....and fairing looks like an early Pacifico...bags look OK, with both covers and mounts complete that's a nice find...
            Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Nahh, those bags are about worthless, just send those to me, you cover shipping and I will take them off your hands....
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

If you do end up wanting to sell the fairing let me know.
                USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle
                78 XS1100E - Rebuilt And Sold I SHOULD OF KEPT IT!!!

Comment

Side covers

Sure wish those side covers were '79 Special. I would be interested in those.
                  Richard
                  '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
                  '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Originally posted by XSive Okie View Post
                    Sure wish those side covers were '79 Special. I would be interested in those.
                    I know they are not super common either, but 80 or 81 standard side covers can be made to fit, you only need to modify the top mounting holes, the side covers are shaped exactly the same, with the only difference being the upper mounting holes between the 79 special and 80 and 81 standards.
                    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                    Vetter Windjammer IV
                    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                    OEM Luggage Rack
                    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                    Spade Fuse Box
                    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                    750 FD Mod
                    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I have 78 Standard side covers

I have 78 standard side covers I purchased before knowing the difference, they fit and 1 slot lines up on both sides and I just put a black zip tie through the other hole, wiill get me by till I get the irght one's.
                      Those pieces look like they will clean up really nice for someoone who wants a bagger.

Damian
                      If it's worth doing, It's worth overdoing!
                      Ride it like you stole it, or get out of my way.
                      Don't worry if others don't like it, if you like it just smile and ride!

1979 XS1100SF w/ Flanders "Superbike" Handlebars,
                      Upcoming mods include but not limited to, ZRX Carbs, 4-1 exhaust, and a gun fighter single seat, lots of paint, chrome and powder coating.

Comment

Working...
                      X