Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalled need help asap

HELP!!!

So I was on my way home from work today, I stopped at a stop light and when I went to take off my bike almost stalled I gave it lots of gas and it recovered. At the next light same thing but it actually stalled. and when I went to push the starter nothing happens. I hear the starter switch click but nothing else. My headlight is very dim. I know when I bike stalls it pulls allot from the battery but it shouldn't pull it down that low.

Well I pushed it to a parking lot and looked at all the fuses. They all look ok. I tried the starter again and same thing. I attempted to kick start it and after a few times it started so I was putting my helmet and gloves back on about to get on and it died again. Tried kick staying it again and nothing.

I need your help!!!
    Thanks.
    USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle
    78 XS1100E - Rebuilt And Sold I SHOULD OF KEPT IT!!!

Check your battery connections and make sure they are tight.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

They are tight
      USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle

Comment

Either bad connections, bad battery, or bad charging system, or a combination of them all.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

My money is bad charging system causing a dead battery. Take a multi-meter and test the resting voltage of the battery. Or take the battery to an autoparts store and ask them to test it.
          1979 xs1100 Special -
          Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
          Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
          My Bike:
          [link is broken]

Comment

Check all your grounds and positive connections after the battery. Like Nate said, you've either got a bad connection or your battery is fubar. Is there any electrolyte in the battery?
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Battery is sealed. I bought it July last year. I jumped it and got it running again. It sounded looker it wasn't during on all 4. I rode it for maybe 1 min and it died again.
              USMC 2005 - Present

Comment

Your not charging for some reason. Don't ever buy a sealed battery. No such thing as maintenance free.

How far from home are you?
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Are you on the side of the road using a phone or at home? Some things may be more useful at home rather than the side of the road. I will have to think before I send you what may be a crap reply.
                  2-79 XS1100 SF
                  2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                  80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                  Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I was about 15 miles away. My wife came and picked me up. I'm going to try to get some friends to load it up in my truck and bring it home to hopefully fix it tonight to ride it to work I'm the morning
                    USMC 2005 - Present

Comment

Just don't leave it sit too long. My buddy got his Harley stolen in San Diego when he walked into a place to pick up a sandwich for lunch.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Mark I think if you just hook up jumper to truck and let battery charge a while, then push/kick start and drive home. Pull headlight fuse if daylight.

John
                        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

That's kinda what I was gettin' at too John. He's home now and getting his truck to haul it though.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Might have to do that because I can't find anyone to help me load it
                            USMC 2005 - Present

Comment

I can help you load it tonite. I'm over in Poway, about 20 miles at the most. I have a ramp and pickup truck. signing off here in about 1 hour. Let me know...

scoot

Comment

Working...
                              X