King Queen Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Queen Seat

Alright guys, I need your help in finding out exactly what I have here. I'm thinking I have a king queen seat for a xs11 special, but its not like the K/Q seats I've seen for sale on here. I'm not sure what years this would fit, does the mounting differ or just the seat styles when going between years? This thing is in mint shape, one place on the bottom of the seat (under the pan) has a 1/4" tear, you don't notice it when its on the bike. I don't think I can use it and have the side covers on my bike as I have a standard. I'm thinking about selling it, but don't know what a good asking price is for something like this.

Also, what is the history on these things? I've only seen them on a couple of xs11's. Where they a dealer option or something of the sort? I know back in 1986 my mom bought my dad a brand new xj650 for fathers day, he was riding around with my mom on pillion and he noticed (accidentally) if he started accelerating rapidly she felt like she would fall off. He went to Yamaha and bought one of these seats for his xj so she could ride it and fell safe. He loved it when he had it and always used that seat. His advice was to keep, but it looks like it won't fit properly.

Here are some pictures.

Any thoughts/stories/or fun facts would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
    1979 XS1100

So what your telling me is no one knows anything about these?
    1979 XS1100

Comment

Hmm thats wierd

looks like no-one is paying attention but if some one posts a statement then maybe they'll all jump in and correct that said person.
      Even a blind monkey gets the odd banana.

1979 XS 1100 special (been down the PO trail and it was messy)

Comment

Greg knows

I'd guess it would go for $100-150 maybe. On eBay. Here $75-80.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I spent $35 plus shipping for one that had to be refoamed and recovered which set me back $125, which still is not bad if you consider what corbin sargent or yamaha want for one today.
          yours looks like mine which will fit 80-81 specials. in the day both yamaha and corbin were selling these, could have been more companys but those are the two i remember.
          Last edited by lvrsnr; 07-19-2012, 08:48 AM.
          Alias Larry R in Kelso WA

When in dought, punch it.
          XS1100LG Precious current
          XS1100SF Ruby gone to a better home
          KZ900B MIA stolen (ALL bike thieves MUST GET OFF THE PLANET more politically correct ???)

Comment

Seat

If I remember correctly Yamaha offered a similar seat in their accessories catalog in 80/81 for the Specials, There is one listed on Ebay for $75 currently but it needs a lot of work.

Comment

Working...
            X