Airbox boots question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbox boots question

I have noticed the boots between the carbs and airbox are "angled" and have a tab (small portion of rubber sticking up) where they meet the face of the airbox. Which way should the tab be facing for a proper fit from boot to carb? Up, down, pointing to the left side, or right side? As always, your help is greatly appreciated!
    Richard
    '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
    '02 Honda VTX1800C

The 'tabs' should be pointing 'up'. Also be aware that there's three different intake boots; left outside, center (both the same), right outside.
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Thank you, Steve! Going to be pulling my carbs for various reasons, and noticed the "tabs" aren't all pointing the same. Seems one or two of the boots may not be sealing properly, and wanted to get them right when I go back together. Once again, much appreciated!
      Richard
      '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
      '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Working...
      X