No announcement yet.

Another new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fuel line you want is single walled, beware, some auto shops will try to sell you Vacuum line as fuel line, it can't handle the fuel, will harden and crumble when exposed to fuel! The clear stuff for lawnmowers will work, or the stuff from a bike shop/store. Again, the small lawnmower cone shaped filters work okay, but several types are available, just look for arrows to get the flow direction correct. 1/4" ID is the stock size, but some have gotten slightly smaller in the polyurethane and been able to get it to stay secured without clamps...YMMV!

Also, he's running the 81 petcocks, these petcocks have a PRIME position, and I suggested tryng that also.

We just had a discussion in another thread about NOT recommending jetting type changes UNTIL folks figure out WHY the bike/motor isn't running properly because they usually can run fairly well with less than perfect jetting. But...to richen the pilot circuit, you turn the pilot screws CCW.

But yes, electrical problems can mask or mimic fuel problems as well, so more diagnostics are needed WHEN the problems arises, like checking to be sure you're getting fuel, spark, etc.!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by x-man78 View Post
      Lol hot or us is anything over 28 celcuis/82.4 farnheit, I don t have the oct lines. I have two glass air filters one comming of each petcock. However I was wondering what guys are using for fuel line cause today when it first stalled I checked the gas lines and the fuel line was very soft and when I touched it to give it a little squeeze it disconnected from h engine
      Ask for Tygon fuel line. The parts houses I go to keep it in bulk behind the counter.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I used yellow 7/32 line I got fom a bike shop they use on atv and I put in slightly bigger metal filters. I turned the pilot screws one full turn ccw, the electrical all looks sound so I guess well see what tomorrow brings.

I went on a 20 min ride and let it idle 20 min, on the ride my rpms were slightly lower and it seemed to be riding easier then again it s vending and cool. Tomorrow tomorrow
        TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
        Tkat Fork Brace
        T.C. Spade Fuse Box
        Dyna Coils & wires
        Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
        ISO grips with stelleto ends
        4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
        Bridgestone Spitfires
        Tuned by Tinman905
        & a will to keep it.
        83 xj 1100

Comment

Anything you buy from the bike shop you can get from a auto parts store is gonna be double. Just sayin'.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Well guys same as every other day ride to work great, ride home sucked
            TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
            Tkat Fork Brace
            T.C. Spade Fuse Box
            Dyna Coils & wires
            Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
            ISO grips with stelleto ends
            4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
            Bridgestone Spitfires
            Tuned by Tinman905
            & a will to keep it.
            83 xj 1100

Comment

Working...
            X