Rejeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejeting

After putting indy filters and four into one mac exhaust on my 79 xs standard, my plugs were solid white, I backed out thre idle mix screws to 3 from seat, it didn't help, I just finished rejetting, per post here, I put 145 mains and 45 pilot, I started the engine and let it run a few minutes, and it started flooding, unless I kept the revs up, I wonder if this will smooth out after I ride it afew times? TIA. Later 'Dog

Flooding

Pull the carbs again, check needle and seats for dirt, a hair something is not letting them shut the fuel off. Also recheck float level. After this before putting the float bowls back on invert the carbs and with the fuel lines hooked up try blowing through the lines to ensure that the N/S is sealing.
    I do not think that your jet combination is causing flooding. The N/S is not doing it's job.
    Ken/Sooke
    78E Ratbyk
    82 FT500 "lilRat'

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out,and loudly proclaiming--"WOW -- what a ride"

Comment

i put a 4 into 1 and a dyno jet kit in 1 of my xs 1100 rh's and it ran that sweet it was unreal.the only bike i ever had that ran a biscuit color on the exhaust.

Comment

Re: Rejeting

What did you do with the vent hoses???

Originally posted by scalded dog
        After putting indy filters and four into one mac exhaust on my 79 xs standard,
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Also with the larger pilot jets you may want to turn the idle screws back down to 1&1/4 turns and recheck from there. When I went to just bigger jets on my 81(I know...different carbs!) but was also running 3 turns out on pilot screws, in the higher altitudes when I went to Rallies in the mountains, it bogged badly in the lower RPMs. I put the screws back in to about 2 turns and it made a considerable difference, and at sea level still ran fine! With 3 jet sizes larger than stock, my plugs went from pristine bleach white to a nice tan!!! Good Luck!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I have the vent hoses just pointed staight up right now, I will put the idle screws back to recommended settings and try that, then do a quick check of floats and needles. this is a great sight, hope to meet some of you on future rallies. Later 'Dog

Comment

Working...
            X