Question about clutches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about clutches

Is there any company out there that make or take your clutch pack and turn it into a automatic clutch? that wouldn't cost an arm or leg. would like to put one on my wife's trike that I am building.

I don't know of any for the "wet" clutches the XS has. I think there may be one company doing it for the HD, but they are a "dry" clutch, and are not part of the case system. You may have some luck with an electric actuator that uses a micro switch on the shifter. That's all I can come up with...
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Hey DC,

Just did a google search for "Motorcycle Automatic Clutch", and there was a company that specializes in them, but for ~$700!!!

Found that the FJR1300 had an automatic clutch option, not sure what engine you're using...an xs11 or what..I know you have a TRIKE thread, but I didn't think that was for your SWMBO, thought that was yours!? Anyways, might be cheaper/easier to get a wrecked FJR1300 engine and then add an Autoclutch to it?? Sorry but customization costs!

Probably cheaper to teach her how to use a clutch! Also, if it's more a matter of strength and lever pull, you could put on a hydraulic clutch lever/slave for easier pull!

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
        ...if it's more a matter of strength and lever pull, you could put on a hydraulic clutch lever/slave for easier pull!
        If that's the reason, you might look at a foot clutch and jockey shifter...
        Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
        '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
        '82 XJ rebuild project
        '80SG restified, red SOLD
        '79F parts...
        '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
        '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
        '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
        '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
        Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
        Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

clutch

thanks for the replies, I guess I have to teach her how to use what is there on the xs1100

Comment

Working...
          X