Current parts source info??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current parts source info??

After some time out of the XS1100 game, I am in need of a few new bits.

I am not finding what I need @PartsnMore or Bike Bandit. I have heard (read) a lot of negative feedback regarding Mike'sXS.
    Does anyone have a reccomendation for a good source for a new gas cap & tank badges for an '80 Special?
    I have found silver badges on a few sites, but ideally, I'd like gold.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

1980 SG "Angus"

Here is your fuel cap assy:
    Power Sports Plus

Your badge is part number YT 11:
    Reproduction Decals
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Thanks Marty.
      DANG, the gold badges are expensive.....but that is exactly the part I was looking for.
      Mike

1980 SG "Angus"

Comment

Keep in mind that those repo metal badges are slightly smaller than the original badges because they are cast and shrink a little. The original holes wont line up so you need to come up with a solution for that.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

If you want the gold badges I just replaced mine with chrome ones and have the original gold badges I will sell you. PM if your interested. Will save you a bunch. Those badges are ridiculously priced.
          1980 XS1100SG "Black Mamba" 28K
          1979 XS1100F 33k (Current Project)
          1981 XS1100H "Blue Balls" (Crashed and under repair )

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Mikes XS has the gold badges and I've never had anything but pleasant experiences with them. Just got an order on Friday.
            1990 Ninja ZX-10. It's the Silver Surfer. HI-YA!!

2006 Yamaha XT-225. Yep, I take it on the interstate. It's Blue Butt.

1982 Toyota 4x4. 22R Cammed, 38/38, 2" pipe, 20R head with OS valves, performance grind and other fun stuff. It's Blue RASPberry.

1969 Ford F-250 Camper Special resto project. 390 RV cam, Demon carb, Sanderson headers, 2 and a quarter pipes with Magnaflow mufflers. It's Blue Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbyjimb View Post
              Mikes XS has the gold badges and I've never had anything but pleasant experiences with them. Just got an order on Friday.
              Yeah, nothing wrong with MikesXS. The only problem was that until recently, they only sold parts for the XS650, and would not support any other model. Now, they have changed their tune a bit and even offer an XS1100 section.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                Yeah, nothing wrong with MikesXS. The only problem was that until recently, they only sold parts for the XS650, and would not support any other model. Now, they have changed their tune a bit and even offer an XS1100 section.
                Mike Lalonde sold the business. The new owners are expanding their reach. The YAMAHA badges from Mike's fit the 3 gal XS650 tank. They are considerably smaller than the badges on my SG. They will cover the mount area on the tank, but they do not bolt up directly and to my eye, the smaller size is obvious. I have purchased these for a XS650 project and the quality seems to be fine.

I just ran J38-24161-00-00 and it appears to be available! The application shows XS1100SG and XS1100SH, so I assume it's gold. I found it variably priced, but <$20 ea.

Is it best to spend twice as much for the nice metal badges? I can't answer that one.

Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Working...
                X