Replacing carb slides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing carb slides

The question is; Carb "A" and carb "B" are both XJ11 carbs. Is there a problem if I transfer the carb slides from Carb "A" over to carb "B"?

The reason is; The existing carbs in my bike (carb A) have the slide holes enlarged from when I had a dynajet kit installed in it. I have been replacing the seals & rebuilding carb B with the idea of making this spare one a dynajet stage 1 carb. I want to then compare performance/gas mileage between the two carbs.

Since I already have the slide hole in Carb A enlarged, if I can simply transfer those slides to Carb B and this will not be a problem, then I won't have to epoxy plug those slide holes and re-drill them to the original dimension. (And also not have to enlarge the holes in carb B).
    82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

Should not give you any problems. You may want to keep the needle jets matched with their emulsion tubes, but even that is not super critical.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Working...
    X