Theres a hole on my gas tank!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theres a hole on my gas tank!

ok, its a little hole about 1/8'' on the back side to the left on my 1980 xs 1100 standard. I have a clymer manual and it seems to skip over what that thing is (besides showing a picture of it with a line attached to it.

my bike does have that line dangleing since i bought the bike but it seems to run well with it detached. i cant attach it because the nipple broke off. Does anyone know what that line to the rear of the gas tank is?

Off the subject, i just found a grab bar, sissy rail, whatever you wanna call it on ebay. After looking for months it just shows up. I think that will complete the rear end of the bike.

That 'thing' is the overflow from the area around the fuel filler. There should be a hose directing the fuel overfolw way from the engine and pipes.

Comment

thanks, i'll have to rig somthing up to attach it but it should work.

Comment

While you're at it, you might want to check that that drain line is not plugged. If your bike is out in the rain, that it also how the water that collects in the filler recess is drained away. If the drain is plugged, the water will sit in the recess for quite a while until it evaporates. Remember the one about "rust never sleeps"...
        Ken Talbot

Comment

below freezing

I think it sleeps below freezing, rust that is.........its been below freezing for months here.
          Bruce
          Bruce Doucette
          Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Working...
          X