Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help please kz1000 or 84 zx900 carbs work on a 78 xs11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help please kz1000 or 84 zx900 carbs work on a 78 xs11?

hey guys i saw a few swaps on here but i dont not have the cash to buy right now wanted to know if i can use some carbs i already have. think i also have some old gsxr carbs too not sure what bike.
    78 E

Originally posted by MR.D View Post
    hey guys i saw a few swaps on here but i dont not have the cash to buy right now wanted to know if i can use some carbs i already have. think i also have some old gsxr carbs too not sure what bike.
    Hi Mr D and welcome,
    Some carbs adapt easier than others
    Check:-
    the correct diameter to plug into the carb connectors?
    the correct spacing between the carbs?
    It don't have to be on #2 carb but it needs a vacuum advance connector.
    The more differences there are, the more effort it's gonna take.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

What is your reason for switching carbs? With your list there you are not going to get any improvement ad you would with zrx carbs or the like. You would just be swapping old carbs for old carbs.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
        What is your reason for switching carbs? With your list there you are not going to get any improvement ad you would with zrx carbs or the like. You would just be swapping old carbs for old carbs.
        i do not have the old set of carbs, and these are some already have since i do not have cash to buy the zrx carbs. just trying to get it running for now. I have loots of carbs if anyone wants to trade for some i can just bolt up. I even have newer fuel injected carbs
        78 E

Comment

Working...
        X