Contact cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact cleaner

I need to clean up some of the contacts on my bike but have been unable to find deoxit and i found some contact cleaner at a place simular harbour freight

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/prod...trical-Cleaner and was wondering if this would work as well as the deoxit.
    '79 XS11SF

Originally posted by trdriver71 View Post
    I need to clean up some of the contacts on my bike but have been unable to find deoxit and i found some contact cleaner at a place simular harbour freight - - -
    Hi 'driver,
    it may not work as well as deoxit but it'll work way better than scraping away with a tiny screwdriver.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I need to clean up some of the contacts on my bike but have been unable to find deoxit and i found some contact cleaner at a place simular harbour freight

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/prod...trical-Cleaner and was wondering if this would work as well as the deoxit.
      Rest assured, it will get the job done.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Ask Rooster what he uses. He has some stuff that apparently works wonders and is available to us Canucks.
        2-79 XS1100 SF
        2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
        80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
        Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Did you try Radio Shack for Deoxit?
          '79 XS11 F
          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

radio shack is no more here in canada it is called the source now after circuit city bought all of the canadian stores and now i think telus has bought all of them now but to answer your question is yes i have tried them.
            '79 XS11SF

Comment

I bought Deoxit on ebay for less than the retail store
              "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

Working...
              X