Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dyna coils

Hi
    I just installed my new dyna coils and it works great. installation is straightforward; the mounting holes align with the bracket, and I used 90° boots on the coil towers to clear the tank.
    QUESTION : should I remove the ballast resistor ? I believe the stock coils need 9V, but these ones require 12V, right ??
    thanks for your advice
    Raphael, France

I installed Dyna's on my 78E. If I have a ballast resistor then it's still there and the bike has been running fine for almost a year since the new coils.

This bike just keeps going, everyday, rain or shine. The Dunlop I put on the back grips great in the wet. Everything on the bike works fine. Only problems I encounter is when I strike out on my own by modifying things (my recent brake light project). The only thing giving me problems is the front tire losing air (recently switched from stock tube-type to tubeless rims)
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Raphael I used 90 deg boots and also used an angle grinder to remove half the metal off the frames' 2 round fuel tank supports. Got a perfect fit. I went to a V8 performance shop and got some 9mm bright red silicon spark leads. Lightly shaved the ends on a grind stone to fit the boots and plug caps. Looks real good. Get rid of the ballast resistor - it's of no use.

Comment

I used Accel 8mm yellow wires from a V8 kit too. Looks great and inexpensive ! Finally I found the dyna tech sheet, tucked inside the box ; The coils need 12v so I removed the stock resistor and it works fine. I found a noticeable improvement over stock !!! All with new parts from ebay, $70 for coils and $15 for wires.
        Thanks for your replies
        Raphael

Comment

Working...
        X