cam chain tensioner problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam chain tensioner problem

I think my act is bad...there's no lock bolt or nut, just a brass hollow plumbing bolt...also the spring and shaft won't budge...I've been trying to get on the site all week, but for some reason my computer says the site is down...I checked the site on my phone and the site is good...so I don't know what the deal with my computer is...

79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

04 Buell XB12R "Butterfly"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
    Moto Militia MC

You started a thread titled CCT Problems. Several of us suggested that you switch to one of the auto cam chain tensioners such as the ones from a VMax, Venture, Vision, or one of the Raptor tensioners. Here is a link to a thread on the subject:

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35501

I can't get the Hyperlink to work, but cut and paste the above path.
    1979 Yamaha XS1100SF (gone)
    Airbox w/K&N element
    Jardine 4 into 1
    145 mains, 45 pilots

1996 Ducati 900SS CR
    1977 Kawasaki KZ900-A5
    1975 Honda CB550K

Comment

I thought I started one but I couldn't find it....thanks
      79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

04 Buell XB12R "Butterfly"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
      Moto Militia MC

Comment

Working...
      X