Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

heres a good one chaps....
    It had been coughing and farting for a while and ive slowly replaced just about everything. .The final job being the pickup coils...... Well the wires on them were so bad that they wouldnt take soldering... well to cut a long story short the bikes not been started for a whileand then i manage to get hold of some coils completewith good wire ...everything
    So i put them on I dont alter anything
    switch on and nothing ......flat battery
    I charge the battery and as soon as i connect it ...the whole thing is lit up
    NO key in ....still on .press the starter ..it turns over
    disconnect the black box and its still live
    it wont fire up but everything else works
    lights...ok. horn..ok breaklights..ok
    it even turns overwith the black box disconnected and the ignition switchlying on the floor 10feet away where i threw it
    so has anyone got any ideas cos i havent got a clue
    trashed-it_triked-it

Ignition Switch

Had this problem, can't remember the exact article to recommend, but i believe it will be the three wire plug going to the ignition switch. Mine had melted due to years of heat. Cut the molded plug apart and separate wires this should fix your problem. I took this time to replace connector ends. Try a search for will not shut off, if it was running this is what would happen. HTH
    Unless you are the lead sled dog the view never changes.

Comment

Good reply Redbaron. The wire colors for the ignition switch are red blue and brown. You will find them behind the head light. Unplug it, or cut the wires, and see what happens. Sometimes these plastic connectors are difficult to seperate, so give them a good spray with WD-40, or similar product, and give it some time to work. That has always worked for me. The bike will always crank with the black box disconnected, as it is not in the cranking circuit.
      You could only throw the ign switch 10 feet? Is your garage that small? You should be able to chuck it over 50 feet if you're really pi$$ed !
      Good luck.

Comment

Look, get serious and throw the thing 75 metres down the road.

Comment

hey its alright for you americans with your big f off garages,with electrckeryand stuff.But us poor brits have to make do with shedsand torches and dirty great long extension leads that the wife unplugswhen she makes my tea.
          If i'd have thrown it more tha 10 feet it would have broken next doors lounge window, and anyway its the only one ive got
          trashed-it_triked-it

Comment

hay dave if i buy anymore xs1100s i will have to move to the states to get me one of them there big f###of garages,or i will move her indoors in to the garage and then move all my bikes into the house.

Comment

Working...
            X