one of the cylinders missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one of the cylinders missing

At idle, one of the 2 left cylinders you can hear putting. When i accelerate hard it doesnt do it. You hear it bad cruising 3krpm. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

Clean the carbs.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
      Clean the carbs.
      Bout covers it.............
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Follow the carb cleaning/rebuild thread on this forum. Do you have the technical ability/willingness to undertake something like this? It can look daunting but all you need to do is take your time, use the correct tools and keep asking here if you need any help..
        XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Yea, that did it. I cleaned the plugs and carb, one diaphragm had small tear, barely enoigh to see light. I rubber cemented it. Bike runs extremely smooth and good now

Incase any of you are giving your kids an xs, if you spin the inside hose clamp (right inside intake boot clamp) you can use it as a limiter for the throttle so they cabt go crazy on it

Comment

Originally posted by DonLaw View Post

Incase any of you are giving your kids an xs, if you spin the inside hose clamp (right inside intake boot clamp) you can use it as a limiter for the throttle so they cabt go crazy on it
            ............and that's your story and stickin' to it.........
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

sync and tune the carbs... may have an idle mixture out of tune... or one not sync'd up... ask me how I know
              Don
              1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
              1989 kawi ex500
              1996 yzf-r6
              1999 yzf-r1
              2001 kawi zx-6r
              2000 Ducati 748
              2002 YZF-R1
              2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Working...
              X