81H Venturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81H Venturer

Just got the Venturer all dressed up minus the left side cover and a battery. Thought I would throw up some pics. She still needs a bath and some TLC, but she is running wonderfully.

Any thoughts or input welcome.
    1980 XS1100SG "Black Mamba" 28K
    1979 XS1100F 33k (Current Project)
    1981 XS1100H "Blue Balls" (Crashed and under repair )

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

looking great can you take a close up of backrest/sisy bar so I can fab me one ?
    Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Looks good! A nice re-do on the seat too. Even still has the original slide-in backrest. Only major change I see is the mufflers and it has the wrong bars on it. Not having the leading front axle, the Standard handles a bit wierd with those roto-tiller bars, but to each his own.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I'm jealous Lance.....I'm hoping to get my SF looking like that soon.

You have no excuse for not going to The lost Rally now.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Looks very nice. If you want to replace that backrest Catatonic Bug has just learned how to make them.

Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

motoman Looks good! A nice re-do on the seat too. Even still has the original slide-in backrest. Only major change I see is the mufflers and it has the wrong bars on it. Not having the leading front axle, the Standard handles a bit wierd with those roto-tiller bars, but to each his own.
            Yeah the bars were bent to **** so I had to replace them with a set that I had layin around. What bars would you recommmend? I'm always up for suggestions. I actually have to put a longer upper brake line on it cuz the splitter won't reach to mount. Exhaust was modified by a PO, but sounds pretty sweet. Way different than my 4-1 on the SG.
            I drilled the airbox on the SG and she pulls pretty good at high RPM's. It runs like it was just waiting for me to do it. Glad I did it. Might need to rejet now with the 4-1, K&N filter and drilled airbox. Will play it by ear. Just needs the valves adjusted and forks rebuilt w/the T-Kat put on to bump up the handling. Maybe progressive springs.

mikubuilder looking great can you take a close up of backrest/sisy bar so I can fab me one ?
            Will do.

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
              Looks very nice. If you want to replace that backrest Catatonic Bug has just learned how to make them.

Phil
              Yep. I was just going to mention that. If you're interested, I can make a copy of that one for $40 plus shipping.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

The whole thing including the pad? Might be enticing. Would like it a bit longer if possible tho so it will reach "my" back. I have to lean back for it to reach me.

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Originally posted by Lbrown311 View Post
                  The whole thing including the pad? Might be enticing. Would like it a bit longer if possible tho so it will reach "my" back. I have to lean back for it to reach me.
                  Just the pad with the zippered pocket on the back. It's held onto the metal rail with 3 screws. Just remove those screws and the pad comes off. Making the metal rail longer is up to you. Mine is only held in by the last 1 inch of rail, and reaches my back just fine when I sit up straight.
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold
                  1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                  Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                  Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                  -H. Ford

Comment

Nice job, Lance! How's that short windshield working for you? I have the same fairing and cut a w/s down similarly. The shorty w/s looks great but I only use it around town as the buffeting beats the cwap out of me on the highway! Ride smilin'. Dennis
                    Dennis

Comment

Nice!
                      Make sure the RH saddlebag is latched before you head out... Looks like it may be flipped and just sitting there.

What is that on the left side of the fairing? A drink/can/bottle holder?

The T-Kat & Progressives helped alot on mine.
                      Richard

Comment

Originally posted by rpgoerlich View Post
                        Nice!
                        Make sure the RH saddlebag is latched before you head out... Looks like it may be flipped and just sitting there.

What is that on the left side of the fairing? A drink/can/bottle holder?

The T-Kat & Progressives helped alot on mine.
                        Right trunk is either backwards or the lid is just sitting on there.......latch goes to inside. Also, what are the bolts and fender washers in the trunk lids about?
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Just the pad with the zippered pocket on the back. It's held onto the metal rail with 3 screws. Just remove those screws and the pad comes off. Making the metal rail longer is up to you. Mine is only held in by the last 1 inch of rail, and reaches my back just fine when I sit up straight.
                          PM me on that one. I am interested for sure.

Right trunk is either backwards or the lid is just sitting on there.......latch goes to inside. Also, what are the bolts and fender washers in the trunk lids about?
                          Guess I didn't really look at it that closely after I got it together I was just googling over it To answer the question the damn PO's PO lost the key to the trunks and so he thought it would be a good idea (instead of replacing it with a new lock like a normal person) to put rubber locking strips to latch the trunks down. I will get a close up pic of the ridiculous set-up. I will be repairing it at some point although it really isn't too terrible. Just looks tacky.

[IMG]E:\DCIM\106_PANA[/IMG]

Not sure if that pic is gonna work or not. I will post later if it doesn't work.

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

looking good Lance.I'm putting a vetter fairing on my special right n0w.That shield looks awful low to do the job,does it cause alot of buffering on your head? My shield is way to tall,I'm gonna cut mine down probably to just below eye level.Hopefully that will be about right.
                            FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                            1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                            1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Lots of post on the windshield The PO had cut it already before I bought it, which I wasn't too fond of as it cracked a bit from the cut. I love the look, but like everyone says it could cause some facial reverb. On the contrary I have only ridden in the city with it and it was only once. I was going double the speed limit but I was having WAYYY to much fun since it was the first time I had it running to notice any of that. I thought I had a replacement full windshield but it is for my Windjammer fairing for the 78/79. Maybe this weekend I will take her on the highway for a spin and bring back some feedback. I am on the taller side of 6'3'' so if there is a problem with it, my face will find it.

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Working...
                              X