No announcement yet.

It's Dead Jim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dp you own a dremel with a couple cutoff wheels? To make the solution a little bit easier than the hot metal work Fred suggested, take the same bolt, and cut a flat on it on the side the float will sit in. Use a flat file or a dremel or combo of both to cut the flat spot. Screw it into the carb body and your good to go.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by ESJr1642 View Post
      So, does this mean the cat won't be getting riding lesson Jaob?
      Sadly, he will not. however, flying lessons are not out of the question...

I don't own a Dremmel yet DGXSER, although I have been sorely in need of one in the last two years. Sounds like a good plan, if I try to salvage this bank of carbs, instead of finding the proper type for the 79 (if it even matters?) I will definitely go that route for shaping the bolt.
      Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
      Ozark, Alabama

Comment

As to matching the year carbs to the bike. If your looking to do a full factory type restore, sure it matters. If your looking to have a runner that simply gets you where you want to go, it makes no real difference. Another local XSive has a 79 Special that use to belong to their dad. The carbs had issues due to letting a local "mechanic" work on the bike. In the end we put the 81 carbs from the SH I wrecked a couple years ago on the SF. Runs like a scalded dog.

No dremel, well, if you have a flat file, you can do the same work. Just takes ALOT longer to do it. But then, what else you going to do but stare at the thing.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Working...
        X