Main jet size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main jet size

looks like the PO had rejetted the carbs (When I bought it, one of the main jets was lying in the bottom of the bowl) On the XJ11 according to the tech tips it says the XJ11 used 112.5 main gets but these are all 115.

http://www.xs11.com/xs11-info/tech-t...rburetors.html

Wonder if with a UNI air filter & stock exhaust, if I should get a set of 112.5 or stick with these. It might be a tad rich but wouldn't be lean...

Decisions, decisions...
    82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

The 115s should be Ok; Yamaha jetted the later bikes a bit lean for emissions/fuel economy, you can 'adjust' for it a bit by playing with your float levels....
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

I traded to individual paper filters 4x and put 120's in my main and about to put 50's in my pilot to fix my low rpm bogging. my XJ roars 3k+ all the way to redline.

115's would work with the stock airbox since the bikes come from factory a bit lean. Really depends on the type of filter and how much more air it actually lets through than the stock setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouldstalk View Post
        I traded to individual paper filters 4x and put 120's in my main and about to put 50's in my pilot to fix my low rpm bogging. my XJ roars 3k+ all the way to redline.

115's would work with the stock airbox since the bikes come from factory a bit lean. Really depends on the type of filter and how much more air it actually lets through than the stock setup.
        This bike was so POed that when I got it there was little that was virgin about it. Along the path to get it running right I did add K&N filter (K&N material in a stock filter), Jardine Spaghetti and Dynojet mods. The power was substantial and the MPG was lower than I hoped. Reading how a stock setup gives improved MPG & still great power got my attention. So I had the mods for more power but now that I have obtained essentially original equipment, I removed the Jardines, dynojets, installed the new air filter and I'm am wanting to now compare how it runs as it came out of the factory. If I see a dip in power and no increase in MPG I'll put the Dynojets back in. Probably will keep the original exhaust as I like the overall lines (did like the Spaghetti headers though). Do miss the Jardines tone.
        82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

Comment

Working...
        X