Donations to XS11.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations to XS11.com

I don't know how others feel on this forum but I've gained such a lot of knowledge, experience and fun from XS11.com. Also, loads of help from like-minded people and a great sense of international camaraderie. It's saved me a bomb on maintenance costs and has been the source of many tweaks that improved my bike.

Then it occurred to me that nothing comes for free and I'd really like to keep this site going by making a donation. Especially since it isn't riddled with irritating banners, ads and other stuff. I gave fifteen 'bucks' (as y'all call them) just now. Not a fortune, I agree, but something. I'd hate to see this site close down for lack of funds.......

Not that I'm a saint or anything. Do other people make donations with the link on the home page or am I just getting soft in my old age?
    Last edited by James England; 04-29-2012, 02:00 PM.
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Nope you are not getting soft in your old age. This site has saved me many times and provided me with invaluable information, parts suppliers etc. On more than one occasion I have found myself sending money to support this fine site.
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I will be doing the same. I am on SEVERAL different forums for every vehicle i own, wich is a bunch and I have donated to most of them. Somebody has to put there time and money into these sites and that is about the only way we can help and say thanks.
      Jeff
      77 XS750 2D completely stock
      79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Just made a donation.

To the moderators of this board - you guys are the best. I belong to a number of forums and this is by way far the best cycle forum on the web. Great information, quick responses, great tech tips, and on and on. I'm actually becoming a pretty decent wrench.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Doug (Aches n Pains)
        1995 KZ100P
        Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
        Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

I just sent my first donation, and this is well worth it. When I come on here and breathe in the helpful atmosphere it's a huge relief. This site takes almost all of the guesswork out of owning this bike. In fact, as many wonderful things I can say about the actual bike, I think this site is bar-none the #1 reason to own an XS11. The mods, the specific experience all take so much guesswork out of the equation. So big thanks .com!
          1990 Ninja ZX-10. It's the Silver Surfer. HI-YA!!

2006 Yamaha XT-225. Yep, I take it on the interstate. It's Blue Butt.

1982 Toyota 4x4. 22R Cammed, 38/38, 2" pipe, 20R head with OS valves, performance grind and other fun stuff. It's Blue RASPberry.

1969 Ford F-250 Camper Special resto project. 390 RV cam, Demon carb, Sanderson headers, 2 and a quarter pipes with Magnaflow mufflers. It's Blue Jay.

Comment

what?? my presence here alone isn't enough?

Good Call James! nothing wrong with throwing in a few "shekels" in to keep the pop-up ad boards off the site
            Don
            1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
            1989 kawi ex500
            1996 yzf-r6
            1999 yzf-r1
            2001 kawi zx-6r
            2000 Ducati 748
            2002 YZF-R1
            2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by jimbyjimb View Post
              I just sent my first donation, and this is well worth it. When I come on here and breathe in the helpful atmosphere it's a huge relief. This site takes almost all of the guesswork out of owning this bike. In fact, as many wonderful things I can say about the actual bike, I think this site is bar-none the #1 reason to own an XS11. The mods, the specific experience all take so much guesswork out of the equation. So big thanks .com!
              My thoughts precisely. It's the best forum I've ever been on.
              XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Working...
              X