Raptor 700 auto cct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor 700 auto cct

Sooooo,it's pretty dang cold out today,decided to finally put the Raptor 700 auto cct in. I gotta admit I was a little nervous that I was gonna screw something up replacing it. As people on here can confirm,sometimes you start on a very simple task and it starts a tool riot,throwing themselves around the garage. anyway,everything went very smooth,thanks for your play by play Don,and whoever else wrote a tread on this subject.The hardest part of the whole process was getting the damn gasket off,till
    i pulled out the air sander then it was a piece of cake. runs like a champ and no leaks so far. John.
    FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
    1999 Vulcan classic-sold
    1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Good on you! Will save your motor major abuse and self-abuse getting burns having to do that CC adjustment when hot as specified. Should be some noticable smoothness gained having cams timed right with no more loose chain.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

good to hear

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
      Sooooo,it's pretty dang cold out today,decided to finally put the Raptor 700 auto cct in. I gotta admit I was a little nervous that I was gonna screw something up replacing it. As people on here can confirm,sometimes you start on a very simple task and it starts a tool riot,throwing themselves around the garage. anyway,everything went very smooth,thanks for your play by play Don,and whoever else wrote a tread on this subject.The hardest part of the whole process was getting the damn gasket off,till
      i pulled out the air sander then it was a piece of cake. runs like a champ and no leaks so far. John.
      glad to hear it went easy, mine is leaking now and since i have to take it off to change the seals, figured i may as well do the auto cct mod.
      xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Comment

good idea Nightengale.was very simple if you follow instructions as told on here.Mine wasn't leaking,Did it just because my XS is worth it.
        FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
        1999 Vulcan classic-sold
        1982 XJ 650-sold

Comment

I must of missed it... I didnt know someone figured out a Raptor 700 CCT will work on the ol'XS... Anyone got the original thread? I'd like to read it, thanks.
          '79 XS11 F
          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

It might be tough to find the original thread, but the 'consolidated' ACCT info is now in the 'mods' forum...
            Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
            '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
            '82 XJ rebuild project
            '80SG restified, red SOLD
            '79F parts...
            '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
            '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
            '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
            '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
            Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
            Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

I found out from BA80,It doesn't line up 100% perfect.but it works great,and there really cheap on E-bay, I paid 19 bucks,Just be careful putting the bolts back in,it seems you could screw up the threads very easily,if your not careful. I think all the raptor cct's will fit,but you need to ask one of the teachers on here,I'm just a student.
              FOXS-XS11SG

1980 XS11SG-sold
              1999 Vulcan classic-sold
              1982 XJ 650-sold

Comment

My stock adjuster is leaking. Looks like I get to do this mod too.

I fount this article on the stock CCT in Tech Tips- http://www.xs11.com/xs11-info/tech-t...cam-chain.html - I couldn't find the mod in Tech Tips.

Using the search function I found these on the Raptor mod- http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...light=auto+cct
                http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...hain+tensioner

Is one of these the play by play thread you are talking about?
                80 G, Spaghetti pipes, K&N in stock airbox, Galfer S/S lines.

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. -Abraham Lincoln

http://80xselevenrebuild.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wait a minute. Right after I posted I found this- http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35497

I'm guessing this is what you are talking about. Am I right?
                  80 G, Spaghetti pipes, K&N in stock airbox, Galfer S/S lines.

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. -Abraham Lincoln

http://80xselevenrebuild.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here's the 'mod' post.... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...111#post358111
                    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                    '82 XJ rebuild project
                    '80SG restified, red SOLD
                    '79F parts...
                    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

light=auto+cct is the one I used,is for a raptor cct.but any of them will work the same. by the way that's what it says at the end of the tread that you put up there, I would have cut and paste here,but I don't know how to do it on my laptop.
                      FOXS-XS11SG

1980 XS11SG-sold
                      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                      1982 XJ 650-sold

Comment

that's not the one you showed,the last one. It's a part swap out.
                        FOXS-XS11SG

1980 XS11SG-sold
                        1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                        1982 XJ 650-sold

Comment

Thank you

Thank you to everyone, especially Crazy Steve for the great ACCT posts. I noticed my stock CCT driping oil a few weeks ago. A quick search of these forums lead me to the solution. Picked up a Raptor 660 ACCT on ebay for $14.95 free shipping. The instructions in Crazy Steves post were perfect.
                          2016 Yamaha FJR1300A
                          2007 Kawasaki KLR650A
                          1979 Yamaha XS1100SF
                          1971 Kawasaki F6 125

Comment

Yep. Raptor CCT on mine too. Utter piece of cake. No probs with bolts here. I think mine was off a 600, but cant remember for sure. Works. No leak.
                            1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

I installed 2 off of Raptor 660s and had to slot the holes just a tad towards the middle.
                              1970? Honda Z50... gone
                              1974? Yamaha 100 Enduro... gone
                              1974 Honda CB200... gone
                              1981 Yamaha Virago 750... gone
                              1993 Honda Shadow 1100... gone
                              2008 Honda VTX 1800F
                              1982 Yamaha XJ1100J w/850 final, Raptor ACCT
                              1979 Yamaha XS1100SF "Chewey" Raptor ACCT

http://www.johnsoldiron.com

Comment

Working...
                              X