Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ1100 Carb rebuild kits

Im currently rebuilding my XJ1100 82's carbs Mikuni BS34-III

Im looking at getting total rebuild kits so i can totally break them down and refresh them.

Ive seen http://www.mikesxs.net/products-4.html?category_id=4.3
    listed for a float need and seat kit with the bowl gasket but i cant seem to find a total kit with all jets.

Would any of the other listed kits work for my xj1100 82?

http://www.carbkitscapital.com/carb_...a&model=XS1100

Also has some listed for XS1100 that include jets for a really amazing price. But xs1100 main jets are 1.37mm. Would these work? also i've put pod airfilters on my bike, with no other mods(stock 4-2 exhaust).

Originally posted by Wouldstalk View Post
    Im currently rebuilding my XJ1100 82's carbs Mikuni BS34-III

Im looking at getting total rebuild kits so i can totally break them down and refresh them.

Ive seen http://www.mikesxs.net/products-4.html?category_id=4.3
    listed for a float need and seat kit with the bowl gasket but i cant seem to find a total kit with all jets.
    Should not need jets, unless you bugger' them removing them. Doubtful the jets in the kits are Genuine Mikunis. Clean the pilot and main jets and re-use. If you have to replace either the mains or pilot jets, buy the Genuine Mikunis from the dealer or known Mikuni source.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Use the search function in the forum and you will find a lot of threads on a recommended ebay source for carb kits. He goes by the name Georgefix.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I just picked up a set of kits from georgefix and Mikuni jets from Jcwhitney.
        1980 XS1100G
        -4:2 exhaust
        -Pods
        -Who knows what the future holds..

Comment

I have rebuilt more than a few sets of these carbs using full kits from GeorgeFix. They are not genuine Mikuni jets, and they work perfectly for me everytime.

The problem with the jets in some kits is some people selling the kits have no idea what should be in these carbs. So you get the wrong style of jet that will screw right in like a glove and the bike will run like shyte. This is why I like to deal with George. When I first got into XS11s and needed a rebuild kit, I sent him a question on ebay asking if his 80 kit was the right one for my SH. He told me no, and pointed me to his 81 kits I had not found.

You can get genuine Mikuni jets at the local bike shop for about $4 a piece typically. But you need to know what your buying, they will not have a clue what you need.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Jets-R-Us is a good source for mail ordering the real stuff if you dont feel like tooling around looking for good jets. www.jetsrus.com
            Mike Giroir
            79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Awesome thanks alot guys, I guess ill stick with the jets i have, they cleaned up nice. ordered new needles and seats + gaskets from mikesxs.

Now since i put on 4x pod air filters should i worry about upping jet sizes? that jetsrus.com is awesome btw thank you.

should i put 115's in or just stick with the 112.5 and make an adjustment somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Wouldstalk View Post
                Awesome thanks alot guys, I guess ill stick with the jets i have, they cleaned up nice. ordered new needles and seats + gaskets from mikesxs.

Now since i put on 4x pod air filters should i worry about upping jet sizes? that jetsrus.com is awesome btw thank you.

should i put 115's in or just stick with the 112.5 and make an adjustment somewhere?
                There is a section on here with jet recommendations. I like to look at peoples signatures to get an idea what people with the same bike/set-up run. Pod filters will most likely need bigger mains but make sure you dont have the EMGO filters as they will block intake passages. There are "fixes" for that on the forum as well. Search EMGO Fix or Pod Filter Fix.
                1980 XS1100G
                -4:2 exhaust
                -Pods
                -Who knows what the future holds..

Comment

New2me is correct about the cheaper pods covering some of the passages in the carb inlet, keep an eye on that.

As to jet changes for pods, might not have to change (some dont) might need to go up one, maybe two. Only way to know is to try and do throttle chops and check plug color.
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights
                  Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines
                  Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                  X