exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust

as i told ya i recently bought my bike... but the two exhaust are in bad shape......where can i find the new ones? and replace the ones i have?
    http://www.xs11.com/pix/80g-1.jpg

IS THERE ANY AIR FILTER THAT I MAY USE FOR THESE BIKE?

Comment

Uni makes a foam filter for the XS11. I have one in my 80 Special. it costs about $20 US. The part number is NU 2244. If you decide to purchase one, you will need the filter oil that is required for this filter. That costs about $6 US. A 5 weight oil can also be used, in place of the Uni brand oil. I'm sure K&N also makes one, but I have no idea what the part number is. I just checked their website, but found no way to order bike filters online. Other products could be ordered, but no bike filters. You could email them . Their web address is: unifilter.com.

Comment

4-1 pipes, K&N filter, main jets up one size.

Comment

Exhaust system parts are getting harder to find. Two companies make new systems, Mac and Jardine. Both are 4-into-1 styles. Used systems come up on eBay from time to time. Also check the Classified Ads section of this web page; you may find a used system there. If the pipes coming off the engine are OK and it is just the mufflers that are bad, several people have used H-D (Harley) mufflers are inexpensive replacements. This approach takes some 'tinkering' and you may need to buy some adapters, but works. Do a search on "mufflers" and you should see some descriptions of fitting Harley mufflers to your bike. A few have built custom brackets and fitted other brands of mufflers to their bikes...just depends on your willingness to experiment.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Mufflers

You might try kimpex they have some great looking slip ons for about 69.00 Canadian. Universal fit,but i got a pair there for my venture, try www.kimpex.com

HTH....MITCH
            Last edited by mitch; 01-27-2004, 12:54 PM.
            Doug Mitchell
            82 XJ1100 sold
            2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
            2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
            1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
            47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

New

New slip ons for your bike from kimpex are about 45.00 apiece from them you would want the ones that have the bend in them that price is in american dollars hth.......MITCH
              Doug Mitchell
              82 XJ1100 sold
              2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
              2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
              1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
              47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Check ebay. Often find good parts there

Comment

Or make em yourself... there are some (bad) pictures of mine on the forum somewhere... 4 in 2
                  Gotta do some cosmetic work on endcaps and a bit louder guts.

LP
                  If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                  (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

I read somewhere in this site about a German who makes stainless-steel exhaust systems, but can't reach him. Seems the post is 2 years old....
                    Do you know his e-mail or link ?
                    thanks !
                    Raphael

Comment

Exhaust-K&N air filter part number

There is a "brand new" right side exhaust on eBay right now.It will bring some good money, but it is OEM.
                      The K&N air filter part number is YA1400.I have seen some of them on eBay recently.I just bought one for $10. NOS. We shall see what it turn's out to be.My local "Auto Zone" said they could order it @ $45.
                      "BIG JOHNSON"
                      1981 XS1100SH
                      FINISHED,READY TO RIDE

Comment

OH GREAT !

DO YOU FEEL ANY REAL DIFERENCE WHEN U INSTALL AN AIR FILTER??

WHICH BRAND COULD I USE? K&N?

Comment

I will let you know

The outside temperature right now is -10.That's ten below zero(F)!!
                          I wont know for a while.
                          "BIG JOHNSON"
                          1981 XS1100SH
                          FINISHED,READY TO RIDE

Comment

what is the stock outlet size on '78E pipes?
                            Tony K.
                            TonimusMaximus
                            Big Angry Scot - Clan Maxwell
                            New 1978 XS11E Owner

Comment

Blaster, the K&N filter is a fine metal mesh type. To clean it you swish it around in a dish of turps or suchlike. The advantage is you can use it indefinitely. It gives more airflow but you need a 4-1 or unrestricted 4-2 and slightly larger jets to get the full advantage from it. The result is probably only a couple more H.P. but the motor feels more responsive. A well designed 4-1 definitely gives the motor more top end kick.

Comment

Working...
                              X