awesome i dont have any exhaust gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome i dont have any exhaust gaskets

never realized it before but i took my exhaust off to change my oil and realized i dont have any exhaust gaskets...how much of a problem is this?
    79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

04 Buell XB12R "Butterfly"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
    Moto Militia MC

Depends on how difficult it is for you to locate some. You definitely need them though. In fact, many double-up and put 2 sets in there to ensure a good seal.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

ebay is pretty handy...lol...stainless steel or copper? it seems they come in a single set of 4, so order 2 sets? ill try that...
      79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
      Moto Militia MC

Comment

You can get them at most local bike shops for cheap $3 each or so. I have never put more than one set in.

Also, are you sure they are not there? Once smashed in good by attaching the pipes, they often look like part of the head.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

hmmm, now youve got me questioning myself...lol...im not sure gotta check again...

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

Wolf
          Moto Militia MC

Comment

Originally posted by airborneXS View Post
            hmmm, now youve got me questioning myself...lol...im not sure gotta check again...
            I thought the same thing, till I looked closer, and then spent 45 minutes prying them all out...
            Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
            Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
              You can get them at most local bike shops for cheap $3 each or so. I have never put more than one set in.

Also, are you sure they are not there? Once smashed in good by attaching the pipes, they often look like part of the head.
              what don says,
              if u had none fitted, ud hear it as soon as the engine started.
              pete

new owner of
              08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
              1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
              zrx carbs
              18mm float height
              145 main jets
              38 pilots
              slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
              fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

Working...
              X