vetter worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vetter worth?

Well,I'm not sure if this is where this question goes,but anyway,I'm bidding on a vetter fairing on e-bay and not quite sure how high to go on it. It's a vetter 4 I think.sport fairing?.it looks to be in good shape,with plug and bracket.Anybody have any numbers?
    FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
    1999 Vulcan classic-sold
    1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

I think I paid 250 or 300 for my Pacifico fairing on Ebay...I really like it though, so I guess to me it was worth it...
    Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
    Ozark, Alabama

Comment

mmmm.they go for that much.I didn't realize that.ok,just don't want to go to far overboard.
      FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
      1982 XJ 650-sold

Comment

Well, hopefully some others can chime in also. I could have just been an idiot and way overpaid...but I saw it, plus it came with lowers, and I wanted it. First fairing I have ever had on a bike, and now I really want to turn the bike into a full bagger. So, for me at least, it was money well spent.
        Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
        Ozark, Alabama

Comment

$100

Fairings are usually pricey to ship. If you get reasonable shipping, it's probably worth $150.00 with all the wiring & correct mount bracket. Especially if you like the color of it.

Don't rush thes are found on CL fairly often. You can mount any windjammer from any make ebike on your xs1100. Just need the xs1100 mount bracket. If you see one of those for less than $50.00, buy it & then just hang out in the bushes & wait for a cheap local windjammer on CL.
          On the other hand, you might have found yors on ebay. Good luck with the auction.
          As an example, price-wise, I bought a windjammer IV with lowers & matching hard bags from an xs750 on CL for $100.00. Found the xs1100 mounting bracket on ebay for $20.00. Take your time.
          Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
          stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

thanks Tom,that was very helpful.
            FOXS-XS11SG

1980 XS11SG-sold
            1999 Vulcan classic-sold
            1982 XJ 650-sold

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
              Well,I'm not sure if this is where this question goes,but anyway,I'm bidding on a vetter fairing on e-bay and not quite sure how high to go on it. It's a vetter 4 I think.sport fairing?.it looks to be in good shape,with plug and bracket.Anybody have any numbers?
              They are on Craigslist all the time. Realistically I don't think there is a big audience for them anymore and I see them re listed over and over @ 100.00. I think I saw the one on ebay and it looks very clean so maybe more $$, looks like there are several people after it. Shipping seems low.. The one on ebay is a WJ4. I have a WJ5 on the XJ and prefer the earlier models.
              1970? Honda Z50... gone
              1974? Yamaha 100 Enduro... gone
              1974 Honda CB200... gone
              1981 Yamaha Virago 750... gone
              1993 Honda Shadow 1100... gone
              2008 Honda VTX 1800F
              1982 Yamaha XJ1100J w/850 final, Raptor ACCT
              1979 Yamaha XS1100SF "Chewey" Raptor ACCT

http://www.johnsoldiron.com

Comment

I paid $75 to a local member for mine, including the bracket. I don't think I'd go any higher than that since there are so many of them out there.
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                X