Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please rescue a XJ 1100 Maxim !

Hello everyone.

I have been away and am real rusty at this letter writting stuff, so forgive me if I screw this up.

I am an avide fan(ok, I'm completely nuts) of XS and XJ bikes. I have spent the last three years doing what I can to acquire some of these machines and reviving them.

I have found out that a fellow named Mitch in Bridgeport, Texas, who may become homeless after losing his job, has to raise money fast. He has been told he can get $75 cash if he turns in his XJ 1100 Maxim for scrap!
    I offered him $100 for it, and he said "yes", after I buy some parts off the bike, 1st. But I just found out, due to a glitch in my budget and schedule, I can't afford to travel there from where I live up in Michigan and retreive the bike.

Will someone, possibly in that area of the country, please buy this bike from him? This will help him, somewhat and save this bike from certain destruction.

Please don't let, what is probably a good parts bike, be recycled(terminated).

His phone number is (940) 389-7573 . I got his permission to put his number on here.

Thank all of you for the great things you do to make this site so terrific!

Max Rageous (517)648-5738

I'm not too far from bridgeport..

I just posted a bunch of parts for sale in classified off XJ1100. (garage sale price) I just called Mitch and left a message. My wife will kill me if I bring home another bike right now but I may have backup plan if this works out.. Buy the bike fix it up and ride out the kinks and sell. I already have a bunch of parts!
    Mike

Comment

Man! I was hoping you two would connect when I saw these two posts.

Okay, actually, the first thing I was thinking was "Too bad I don't have an XJ since I'm just down the road in Hurst... but look at this! An XJ in Bridgeport to use those parts on!"

The second thing I was thinking is... my husband will kill me if I bring home another bike.
      lol

I hope it works out.
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

If Tod sees this thread he might just own another XJ AND a bunch of parts.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

[QUOTE=Wildkat;367941]
          The second thing I was thinking is... my husband will kill me if I bring home another bike.
          lol

QUOTE]

I think you can take John
          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
            Hell, I know she can.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
              Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
              lol
              LOL
              I can outrun him anyway...

I told him about it when he got home last night and he surprised me with a "Huh, that's not a bad deal."

I could see the gears turning. I'd forgotten we still have an XJ frame in the attic too...

We really don't NEED another bike... do we?
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Do you think there would be any way to get a picture of the bike? $100 seems like a good price, unless it's totally ragged out and the exhaust is crap.

Sorry for your friends' financial problems.
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Lets see...900 miles each way, 1,800 total. I get around 16 mpg pulling the trailer, 112 gallons of gas @ $4.00 = about $450, plus the original $100.00 for the bike and hope it has a clear title. Overnight accomodations 3 nights minimum, around $60.00 per night if I am lucky, another $180.00 or so.

It would cost me about $750 - $800 minimum, or I would be on it! Sure would like to find a deal like this closer to home.
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                  X