Kerker 4/1
    stock carbs and air box.
    78 headlite, handle bars,
    1 set of ea-160/85mph guages,
    crash bars, cruise control

Other 2 Wheelers
    78 XS1100E jet kit, Kerker 4/1, air pods, jet kit-RIP
    94 CBR1000F jet kit,Two Bros pipe, K&N Filter

That was a fun read. My SG has a "Yamaha" Pacifico fairing and "Yamaha" bags on it. Somebody bought a boulevard bike and converted it into a highway cruiser. I use it for that. Only hassle is the small gas tank. Of course, a stretch break every couple hours feels pretty good.
    1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

That's already posted in the XS11 info section on this forum, with some additional pictures as well.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

True. But it's like singing the old hymns in church, or reading the old bedtime stories to your kids. It feels good every time.
        1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Pop's right. Plus, there's some information in there that I think some have forgotten. I recall a recent thread where there was a friendly dispute as to what the factory jetting was on the 80's. This article confirms that it was 110, 115, 115, 110. (I may have repeated it wrong, but it's in there.)
          Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
          mods to come

Comment

xs11

Catonic, thanx for finding the link. i cant get enough of seeing our bikes when new. what beautiful machines. thats a Cycle World Magazine review that ive never seen. to my surprise they have the jets backwards, 115 carbs 2,3 and 120 1,4. the review gave me great info into the history.
            Max

81 XS1100SH Black Beast Mutt
            Kerker 4/1
            stock carbs and air box.

Other 2 Wheelers

Comment

1st Pic

I believe the 1st pic is from an ad that was in Cycle World when the Specials were 1st released, I remember drooling over my mag copy back in the day until I went and bought one when they became available at the dealers
              Current Rides:
              02 GL1800 Wing
              79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
              81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Comment

???

now that im thinkin about it, i didnt even know XS11's existed when i got my first one, but saw few 650's on the street. a 78E was my first street bike with the idea i wanted to start with a big displacement i bought it from a local race car driver. it was modified and fast. ive been riding trail/street bikes since my early teens, so it was just a matter of balancing the weight.
                my 78E that was stolen would kill my 81SH......... may she RIP
                Last edited by mjpxs11sh; 04-13-2012, 09:00 PM.
                Max

81 XS1100SH Black Beast Mutt
                Kerker 4/1
                stock carbs and air box.

Other 2 Wheelers

Comment

Working...