caliper piston boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caliper piston boots

I know this goes in the brake section but i cant post there for some reason. I busted my front caliper boots and was looking for them on partsnmore. When i put in for 1100sf there is hardly nothing there. When i go to xs1100 wich has all kinds of submodels including S they have the kit for 27$ for both kits. I also need the float needle and seat but its not under sf. Will those others still work? THey say for xs1100, I know the special is different in ways but i would think those parts would fit. Can someone let me know so i can get them ordered. Thanks.
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Partsnmore part #'s

Needle and seat for your 79 Special P/N 48-5019

Front caliper rebuild kit for your 79 Special P/N 29-0128, this is for one caliper

They are on pages 1 & 2...

http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/yamaha/xs1100/?filters[fitting]=custom&filters[page]=2
    Last edited by bikerphil; 04-10-2012, 01:27 PM.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Front calipers on all the Special models are the same. However, the front calipers on all Specials is substantially different than the other brake calipers both rear on Specials and all on the Standard. So, unless it specifically states it is the kit for the Special front brakes it will not work. This is the one on PNM you want "#29-0128 | Yamaha XS1100S (1979-1981)"

As to the needle valves and seats...that part of the carbs are the same for all of the 78-79 model year carbs (assuming you have the stock carbs). If you have stock carbs, and you know all you need is the new float needle and seat, then this is the PNM kit you want "#48-1407 | Yamaha XS1100E (1978-1979)"

Hope that helps you out. And yes I see Phil is as usual faster than me.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, exactly what i needed to know! I know i only need the float needle and seat because i already took everything apart, cleaned, set float heights and it runs great but gas comes out of the carb closest to the choke. The bike hadnt ran in a few years and i cant believe how mean this thing sounds. I did all this to my xs750 triple and cant believe the difference in revs and sound, the 1100 is just plain mean. It sounds really in tune. By the way, I busted the boots myself trying to put the caliper piston in backwards, i couldnt believe it, i was so mad. I was putting the boot on and then trying to put the piston in the wrong way, DUH! If it werent for that all i would need is the needle and seat. Thanks guys.
        Jeff
        77 XS750 2D completely stock
        79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Working...
        X