No announcement yet.

Progressive fork springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Poprock;367614. No desire at all to jack this thread or to start another oil war. However I am curious about the molecular differences between a dampening oil and one that isn't. Can you help me out with that?[/QUOTE]

.............haven't a clue.......just know what works and what don't. Even some "good", "better" and "best" amongst the specified fork oils. Still have a good part of 5gal. of Dextron ATF that we used in the clutch/trannies of the two-stroke moto-X scoots. Dropped it out after every heat. Clutch disc 'hooked' up way better/longer and it better survived the heat produced from ALOT of intentional clutch 'slipping'. Was the lube of choice for that application. Front forks, not so good, BTDT..........dats' bout as scientific as I get........
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Changed fork oil

I changed the fork oil and set the preload to the max from the min it was on. Made a great deal of difference.
      Thanks guys,
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X