Tach to case rubber damper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tach to case rubber damper

I have a 80 XS1100G std. The tachometer has a rubber damper / gasket between the tach and case. I need a new one, 2H7-83513-01-00 DAMPER.
    I can not find one, and the tach will buzz at various RPM's.
    Any advise on where to get one, or has anyone made one, how.
    I have looked on line for 2 hrs with no luck.

I bought my old bike new, at 75 I just ride locally. Bike has 93K mi and still runs great.

I just replaced the head gasket, as #4 cylinder would not carb syn, no vac?
    Well before I put the head back on, I checked the carb boot manifolds and #4 boot screws were loose !#&*@^ or ****. Bike runs Much better, all I needed was to tighten two bolts ....

Such is life ..
    Ernie Elmore, 75 still riding
    We ride in SoCal 350 days/yr
    80 XS1100G, bought new
    83 XV920 Virage, bought new
    86 XR600 Honda dirt bike
    89 CR500 Honda dirt bike, bought new
    Ernie Elmore
    1815 N Tympani Cir
    Anaheim, CA 92807
    Ph: 714-340-3173
    email: xs11ernie-mc@yahoo.com
    Still Riding at 79 for ....
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G Std - Everlasting - sold (sob)
    1983 Yamaha XV920 Virago - Enduring - sold
    1993 Honda XR650L - Enduro - gave to Son

I fixed mine on my SG with vacuum hose. I think it was 3/16 maybe 1/4, it works and looks great.

Used a piece of plastic airshock airline to hook the ends together at the bottom and if you cut the ends good and straight you have to look close to see the seam
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I cut down some weatherstrip from Home Depot that worked great. It was white though so I had to paint it but no biggie. Check this thread...

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ght=home+depot
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by ernie elmore View Post
        I bought my old bike new, at 75 I just ride locally. I just replaced the head gasket, as #4 cylinder would not carb syn, no vac? I checked the carb boot manifolds and #4 boot screws were loose !#&*@^ or ****. Bike runs Much better, all I needed was to tighten two bolts ....
        As I get older, I find that my gaskets are getting looser. I wish I could just tighten a few bolts!
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
          As I get older, I find that my gaskets are getting looser. I wish I could just tighten a few bolts!
          It's not the loose screws that bother me, it's the leaks.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
          X