original tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original tires??

what were the original brand tires for a 79 xs special? anyone know?
    1979 xs special, just finished the top end rebuild and then i still have lots of work.
    progress thus far...
    http://s1268.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMAG0202.jpg

"If it runs bad, it's usually the carbs. If the tires go flat, I suspect the carbs. If the wind blows the bike over, the carbs were probably to blame. If my wife yells at me about something, I tell her to talk to the carbs" -Incubus

Yamaha and Honda were shod with Bridgestones.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

thanks. just curious.
      1979 xs special, just finished the top end rebuild and then i still have lots of work.
      progress thus far...
      http://s1268.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMAG0202.jpg

"If it runs bad, it's usually the carbs. If the tires go flat, I suspect the carbs. If the wind blows the bike over, the carbs were probably to blame. If my wife yells at me about something, I tell her to talk to the carbs" -Incubus

Comment

interesting... I would have thought maybe Dunlop. but bridgestone would make sense too I guess. Facts like that are always fun to find out
        Don
        1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
        1989 kawi ex500
        1996 yzf-r6
        1999 yzf-r1
        2001 kawi zx-6r
        2000 Ducati 748
        2002 YZF-R1
        2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

I thought Bob Jones said in his book the 78 he took in on delivery had those Dunlops he hated on it?
          Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
          Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Working...
          X