Windjammer IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windjammer IV

I don't suppose anyone has a mounting bracket for a Windjammer IV they'd like to part with? The one I've got is off of a '79 KZ1000 and I could make it work, but I'd have to make a cross brace. Help? (I know some of you are know what I'm doing to my bike, and no, I haven't solved my carb problem. It's probably a Murphy's law that my it would be raining on my day off. So I'm doing fairing work inside.)
    Tony K.
    TonimusMaximus
    Big Angry Scot - Clan Maxwell
    New 1978 XS11E Owner

there is a bracket for paciftco faring on ebay, don't know if it would work. Later 'dog

Comment

Pacifico used to have an adapter kit ($20.00) that let you bolt a Vetter to their mount. I understand the kit included a couple mounting plates and screws; bolt the plates to the Pacifico mount (screws were flush with adapter plate surface) and the Vetter fit on the adapter plates. With a little care and ingenuity you should be able to modify the Pacifico to work if you can't find a Vetter mount.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. I MADE THE CROSS BRACE. I USED A PICE OF ANGLE IRON I DRILLED TWO HOLES TO MATCH THE HOLES THAT THE HORNS MOUNTED TO IN THE CROSSMEMBER JUST BELLOW THE NECK OR THE STEARING HEAD. AFTER BOLTING I BENT THE ANGLE IRON TO REST EVEN WITH THE LINES OF THE CYCLE AND TO ALLOW FOR THE OPERATIONAL CLEARENCE FOR SAFE OPERATION . I HOPE THIS HELPS . IT TOOK ABOUT THREE HOURS TO MAKE IT WORK.

Comment

Tonimus,

As i write this there is a windjammer fairing bracket for an XS on Ebay Item#2456359359 . Auction ends Jan 31 17:03 PST. Good luck!

Randy

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys. I think I'm just going to use angle iron as the brace. What can I say? I'm cheap. It's saved my skin a couple times. I checked out the brace on ebay and I saved the pict as a reference. I appreciate the help.
            Tony K.
            TonimusMaximus
            Big Angry Scot - Clan Maxwell
            New 1978 XS11E Owner

Comment

Do you need to see a diagram that shows basic measurements for a vetter bracket meant for an xs11?
              Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

here is my attempt at sending a drawing link to this site...

Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Be careful when you buy a fairing mount. Last summer I took the broken (and incorrect and highly modified-like maybe off a Goldwing?) mount off my 78 and put on the one from my 79 Special. It bolted right up just like it was supposed to and everything went great until I sat on my bike and found that my handlebars would only turn HALF what they did before. Since there's no way to adjust the mount and to get the bars to turn required dropping the bars so low it was un-rideable, I ended up having to have a machine shop weld the old mount and put it back on.
                  Just passing on some personal experience.
                  Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X