found out something kinda cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found out something kinda cool

i was messing around with my tank this afternoon, and was looking at the tank rubber pieces that hold the front of the tank down. well i only have one, somewhere in the move from my brothers house to mine it was lost. this happened when i had the bike apart before my build. anyway i was looking at the one i had and noticed that the rubber pieces that are under the battery box looked alot like the tank rubber. so i took one and checked it with the tank rubber, and it was the same height, width. all in all they looked about the same, and i wanted to see if it would fit, and to my surprise it fit perfect. so i then put on the other, and put the tank on and the tank fit on great.
    xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Nice job of ' adapt and overcome'...............
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

If you need those rubber pieces, I may have some in my parts stash. PM me if interested, and I'll check.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
      X