No announcement yet.

WOT fuel issue, i think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to repeat myself.......again. But, have you checked the pickup coils? it may not be a carb problem.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

i have not checked those yet...im guessing if i do a search for those ill find a wealth of information on here...
      79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

04 Buell XB12R "Butterfly"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
      Moto Militia MC

Comment

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

So after my recent problems, the pickup coils have been checked, good to go, ignition coils changed, and tci changed...but I still have no power at WOT. The bike is smooth and powerful, until I twist my wrist all the way back...
          79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
          Moto Militia MC

Comment

anybody have any suggestions?

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

Wolf
            Moto Militia MC

Comment

Have you checked the slide diaphrams for holes?
              '79 XS11SF

Comment

almost sounds like fuel delivery problem. Maybe float level too low? blockage in filters? kink in lines? weak fuel flow? put the petcocks on prime and see if it goes away. it may be sucking the bowl's dry faster than it can be replace. JAT
                Don
                1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
                1989 kawi ex500
                1996 yzf-r6
                1999 yzf-r1
                2001 kawi zx-6r
                2000 Ducati 748
                2002 YZF-R1
                2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Have you done a high speed throttle chop and checked the plugs?
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights
                  Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines
                  Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

i have checked the slide diaphragms, all good...i will check out the prime thing, and see what happens if its still there ill try the wot chop and check the plugs...wont be able to get to it till tomorrow, so ill let yall know...more to follow...thank you...

p.s. i could try going down one size mains ( 145 down to 142.5 ) and see what happens there, heck maybe i wont constantly smell of unburned fuel and actually get better than 30 mpgs...lol

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

Wolf
                    Moto Militia MC

Comment

hey would really like to know if going down in jet size fixed the problem. My bike has the same problem but worse. At 4500 rpms or past half throttle its just spits sputters and has no power like it hit a rev limiter.

Seeing as you has 145 main jets im guessing stock for you is 137.5

My stock jet sizes are 115 and 120 with late model carbs and the PO put in 132.5 all across thinking he needed to compensate that much for pods and exhaust changes.

If a smaller jet fixed your problem it would be nice to know because i have the correct jets in transit as we speak and would make me feel a lot more confident my problem will be solved.

Comment

Later carbs, emulsion tubes are 6hole........don't know bout the early carbs. Have seen them get swapped before.......just sayin'............
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                        X