led tail light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• led tail light

is there anything special that i need to do in order to use a LED tail light, other than just connecting it to the existing wires for the original tail light?
    just getting started on the wiring on my project and trying to make sure i am doing everything the right way. thank in advance for your help.
    xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

I believe the tail/brake light is a plug and play. I used Jam Straight bulbs (2) 1157 type bayonette types. The only problem with those on the standard is that the license plate is not illuminated.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

That is providing you don't have an SF. If you do, you need to disable the light checker, otherwise it will think the taillight is burned out and keep turning the oil light on to tell you the taillight is burned out. Any other model it is just a matter of plugging them in.
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
        That is providing you don't have an SF. If you do, you need to disable the light checker, otherwise it will think the taillight is burned out and keep turning the oil light on to tell you the taillight is burned out. Any other model it is just a matter of plugging them in.
        thats what i thought, but since this is my first time doing any wiring just wanted to double check. thanks again to everyone for the help.
        xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X