Windshield, Sissy bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield, Sissy bar?

Does anyone know where I can get a sissy bar for my '82 XJ1100? Also, is there a stock windshield for this bike or a good after market. I don't want to buy anything and not have it fix? Thanks

sissy bar

There is a thread on here someplace about making a sissy bar it was very simple, search up top with words like sissy bar xj sissy bar etc im sure u will find it,HTH.......MITCH
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

windshield

i wanted as nice windshield for my xj also. i had a nice small conservatice one for my kaw from national cycle. it mounted to the round bars. i took the mounting hardware and pitched it. on the center of my xj bars is a hole. i simply drilled out the bottom plate to the same size. and the support rod of the shield dropped right through. i bolted it to the bars ( dont over tighten or it will bend the underpiece.) snugged to the headlamp and it worked great. the rake was fine and didn't affect a thing turning. i guess it depends on how big a shield you want.

Comment

The XJ uses square handlebars. Many of the windshields offer a mounting kit for square bars. These are genric mounts, and you will need to tinker a bit with them to get the correct fit. Yamaha marketed a 'factory' windshield, but these are now hard to find. Frame mounted fairings are available on the used market. Vetter and Pacifico were the two big manufacturers. The mount for either is a separate piece and you need to get an XS/XJ 1100 unit. Also need the 'pigtail' wiring that connects the fairing to the bike's wiring.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
          Yamaha marketed a 'factory' windshield, but these are now hard to find.
          Was this a windshield only, as opposed to a fairing windshield? If so I've never seen or heard of a factory one.
          Robert
          79 SF

Comment

Yamaha had both a frame-mount and handlebar mounted windshields and fairings. I'v never seen one, but they are listed in the Accessories block on the literature and on the microfiche. Here is a link to some options in the original XJ brochure:

http://www.xs11.com/specifications/j-spec1.shtml

Scroll to the bottom of the page.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

It's a shame that ad doesn't have pictures.
              I'd love to find a small fairing for my XJ. Something kinda sporty. I'm not really into the big Vetter-type fairings. I'd like to find something sorta like the old Honda Nighthawk had. Kind of a big "cafe racer" thing.
              (I also notice that ad doesn't have the HP rating listed for the XJ either!)

John A
              82 XJ1100J
              "eXJunk"
              Logansport, IN

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Working...
                X