Pay It Forward carb sync tool...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay It Forward carb sync tool...

Hey all. I recently picked up a set of vacuum gauges to sync my carbs, and am happy with their performance. Since I will be using these moving forward, I have a Motion Pro sync tool that would like to donate to Channel 11. I would prefer the tool be passed around to members that could use it. I also have a vile of Motion Pro fluid to make sure that all levels are uniform. So.....if you could use this sync tool, just say the word and I will send it for the cost of shipping. When you're done with it, send it forward.

Eric
    1979 Yamaha XS1100SF (gone)
    Airbox w/K&N element
    Jardine 4 into 1
    145 mains, 45 pilots

1996 Ducati 900SS CR
    1977 Kawasaki KZ900-A5
    1975 Honda CB550K

I am looking to buying a set cause I want them full time, just wondering why you went with gauges instead of motion pro? Im looking at a gauge set also just cause its old school I guess.

Cool offer of you
    Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

I bought the Motion Pro tool 3 years ago when I started my KZ900 resto, but that project has moved slowly (hopefully finished next winter). When I tried to use it on my SF the fluid seperated in the tubes, and I never got anywhere syncing with it. Probably just operator error. I bought extra fluid for it, but decided to try the gauges. They worked great for me, and don't need the MP tool now.
      Airbox w/K&N element
      Jardine 4 into 1
      145 mains, 45 pilots

1996 Ducati 900SS CR
      1977 Kawasaki KZ900-A5
      1975 Honda CB550K

Comment

I personally use the MoPro that uses the mercury, which is unobtanium now. The newer style using the colored fluid, I have been told by most scoot mechanics isn't worth its weight in price as the fluid seperates and doesn't flow correctly. Plus trying to mail sumptin' like that would just result in broken tubes.....u see where this is goin' I'm sure. Appreciate the thought tho.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by EricHa View Post
          - - - I also have a vile of Motion Pro fluid to make sure that all levels are uniform. - - -
          Hi Eric,
          sincere kudos on paying it forward. OTOH, I can't help myself:-
          What is this vile fluid of which you speak?
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Eric, I have a synch tool already, but appreciate your offer, very kind of you.

When using the gauges, make sure you calibrate them before you synch. Hook each one to the same carb outlet, or to a known source like a mity-vac so you can note any offset in them. You will most likely find they are off from each other, no problem as long as you adjust your readings to account for the offset.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

sync tool

Howdy. I actually have been planning to acquire a sync tool to sync my new (to me) 80sg. I used to have one with mercury that I used on my 77 suzuki gs550, but that's long gone. The sync tool, I mean. The Suzy is still with me. So how about you send it to me and I'll pay for shipping and make a donation to the site? Is that fair?

Jon
              Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
              mods to come

Comment

Well, so maybe my experience with the fluid separating was par for the course? I certainly don't want to send out a tool of frustration. If these things are worthless, why do retailers still sell them? This is the second Motion Pro tool that I have bought and had bad experience with, the other being the notorious shim tool.

DGSXER, actually the gauges that I got all tested out almost exactly identical on the no#1 carb. I was pleasantly surprised.

Fred, Motion Pro sells the worthless, seperating fluid in small bottles as replacement. Vile it is.
                Airbox w/K&N element
                Jardine 4 into 1
                145 mains, 45 pilots

1996 Ducati 900SS CR
                1977 Kawasaki KZ900-A5
                1975 Honda CB550K

Comment

The only Motion Pro tool like yours I have seen had a ton of bubbles in the sight tubes. The mechanic that had them said they were crap so I let him borrow my Morgan Carbtune. He was impressed to say the least. I also would imagine that all the rough handling during shipping would increase the chance of those bubbles but of course I do not know from experience.
                  Kudos for the thought tho.
                  2-79 XS1100 SF
                  2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                  80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                  Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
                  X