Does my seat look to be original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does my seat look to be original?

I am ready to order a seat cover for my 1979 1100F. Does my current seat look original? I see seats that are more level than mine. I dont want to order a correct cover if I have an incorrect foam piece.

Here is what I plan on purchasing:
    http://www.saddlemen.com/store/index...oducts_id=6818

[QUOTE=mharrington;359525 Does my current seat look original? [/QUOTE]

IMO, looks to be original, in all aspects...........
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I have my credit card beside the computer ready to order from Saddleskin. Thought id run my concern by the XS11 members.

Comment

This might help. http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34422
        I am not sure of your seat, and am certainly not saying it is not correct. If you compare to some of the seats shown on the thread I posted it may help shed some light. The one on your bike looks similar to what came on my 79SF. I do not have an stock 79SF seat here anymore so I can not compare. My 78E is different than yours but it is a different year. I have not seen a 79 Standard seat for many years so I may be totally full of you know what . Hope this may help.
        2-79 XS1100 SF
        2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
        80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
        Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

You've got the OEM pan and tail cone, you're missing the lower trim bits. If you made me guess, I'd bet your seat has been recovered at least once. Looks like the foam may be a bit worn too, as the seam looks to be a bit too low down the sides of the seat. You might want to put a layer of 1/4" foam over it before recovering....
          Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
          '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
          '82 XJ rebuild project
          '80SG restified, red SOLD
          '79F parts...
          '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
          '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
          '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
          '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
          Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
          Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Working...