$&!!spooge hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $&!!spooge hole

just having finished cleaning out the spooge hole in the front mc, i got to wondering if drilling that out just a little bigger would affect the working of the MC. this way the most miniscule piece of crud would maybe no longer block it.
    any of you ever tried it??
    testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

I haven't tried it, and I can't say what the possible detriment might be, but there should not EVER be any kind of "crud" in the brake fluid anyway! The nice thing about that hole is that it locks the brakes ON, so if there is a problem, you don't move. This, instead of the opposite, seems a bit nicer IMO.

If you are getting crud in your spooge hole, it's time to clean out your brake system anyway. Seems like a good indicator of a need for maintenance.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

I just rebuilt my master cylinder. I couldn't believe how nasy it was. It amazed me that it was still functioning and not leaking. Even with all that crud in there, my spooge hole was still open!
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Working...
      X