Rubber Driveshaft Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber Driveshaft Boot

So this damn boot has a huge hole in the bottom of it...im going to attempt a temporary repair, but Im guessing that its pretty important to fix this huh? How hard is it to fix...
    79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

04 Buell XB12R "Butterfly"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
    Moto Militia MC

RUBBER BOOT

It's about $35 hard on your wallet.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by airborneXS View Post
      So this damn boot has a huge hole in the bottom of it...im going to attempt a temporary repair, but Im guessing that its pretty important to fix this huh? How hard is it to fix...
      You can fix these by using part of an inner tube and sewing it over the hole. A patch, sewn on. Then run rubber glue along the stitched seams
      XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

thats not a bad idea...
        79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

04 Buell XB12R "Butterfly"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
        Moto Militia MC

Comment

Wolf, I stitched up the boot on my '80G along with some black carpet thread RTV. It looks a little like Frankenstein but it works!

Click the image at the link to get a larger picture:-
          U-joint cover repair
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
          X