Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride report after this weekends projects

Hey Fellas,

after installing new tires, brakes, fork oil, mid drive oil, final drive oil and grease, Coating the intake boots, and my raptor auto CCT I looked outside and realized that the roads were "fairly' dry so I figured why not! just went for a cruise around the block (about 15 miles) What a difference some new skins and fork oil can make! also I put Lucas Heavy Duty gear oil in the mid and final drives, you know that "climbing" oil. What a difference in sound. the whine is alot less than before. I had read post about excess noise from the auto CCT's... I didn't notice any extra noise.

Was just happy to ride! Now on to some maintenance on my R1 and I'll be ready for nicer weather!
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Don't forget, it is suggested to take it easy on new shoes the first 100 mi.
    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Working...
    X