Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fuse box installed

Hey all,

I installed my new fuse box I bought from T.C. took about 20 minutes. Gonna print off some labels @ work for each circuit tomorrow. heres some pics... no laughing!

Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Nice looking job, updated and fully functional. Looks like you changed to an electronic flasher, how is that working for you? What brand and model flasher is it?

Comment

Originally posted by DCII View Post
      Nice looking job, updated and fully functional. Looks like you changed to an electronic flasher, how is that working for you? What brand and model flasher is it?
      I used a no load flasher by Keep it Clean. got it off Amazon for like 9 bucks free shipping. I use it for my LED's and 5 to 4 wire converter (trailer) box to turn my tail/turns on my trunk into tail/turn/brakes. It kicked my A$$ to get working right!

If I had listened to the brow beating I took from others about fixing my indicator light in the gauge cluster for diodes and re-wiring I wouldn't have had such issues

I think I'm gonna wire the remaining 2 fuse circuits to move my CB and stereo to the box so I can do away with the factory ACC fuse. another porject for another day
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

One more thing...

Put some spare fuses in those empty circuits so you have extras with you. Great place to keep them.
        Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
        1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
        23mm float height
        120 main jets
        42.5 pilot jets
        drilled stock airbox with K&N
        Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
        spade fusebox
        1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

Originally posted by XSPastor View Post
          Put some spare fuses in those empty circuits so you have extras with you. Great place to keep them.
          I've got a tool kit in the trunk with extra's. Like i said in my previous post I plan on using those empty's to remove the external ACC fuse holder that my CB and Stereo are hook to right now. then they can have their own fused circuits.

But that is a good idea for those without places to hold extra's
          Don

old:
          1989 kawi ex500
          1996 yzf-r6
          1999 yzf-r1
          2001 kawi zx-6r
          2000 Ducati 748
          2002 YZF-R1
          2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Oops. I should have read your post more thoroughly... Nice job!
            Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
            1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
            23mm float height
            120 main jets
            42.5 pilot jets
            drilled stock airbox with K&N
            Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
            spade fusebox
            1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

nice!

this is something i need to do

so much newer and 'better' looking
              1980 XS1100SG - almost done

Comment

You will notice in this photo that my wire bundle is now up against the edge of that mounting panel. It would take only a very short time for it to cut through the insulation. I have fixed this since the photo was taken. You need to be acutely aware of this when you start rearranging your wiring.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Working...
                X