Another fork seal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trdriver71 View Post
    This is where my problems really starts as I don't have an ebay account or even a credit card so those choices are out.
    you can open a paypal account with a checking account. then you can use it to pay for stuff on ebay. obviously you have internet access

Or you can get reloadable credit debit cards from most check cashing places small fee to turn your money into plastic.

JAT
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
      You can go to your local bike shop and they should be able to order them for you. PartsUnlimited has them. Correct size for a Special is 37X48X10.5
      +1 I sourse alot of stuff thru my local mom and pop shop. they buy from parts unlimited, plus others, and can get most stuff within 3 days for me.
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
        it appears he only list them incorrectly
        That's not like him.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by trdriver71 View Post
          I am on the hunt for some fork seals for my sf, and was wondering where other people have been buying them. I have been told by bearing supply houses that the 37x48x10 is an oddball size and i have read on here that there were easily sourced.
          Hi TR,
          seems the correct size is 37 x 48 x 12.5. Try that size at your favourite bearing store.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I tried B.C. bearing, kinecor now known a wajax industial, and commercial solutions today the closest they could come up with was 37x50x10 and i know that would not work. I found the 37x48x6 at hitech seals for about 4 bucks each but they told me it would take a couple of weeks to get them.
            '79 XS11SF

Comment

There is what??? 15 or 20 yamaha or bike dealers in Edmonton. The gas you waste driving around looking for a deal will more than pay for the seals from Yammie. Yeah I know they are about 15 bucks instead of 4 but they have them, no shipping or Credit card hassle. Best idea!
              You can do the whole ebay and paypal thing with just a checking account too. That is a mighty big help to us us here, when we need parts. I use paypal for a lot more than just ebay as well. Check it out Laurier, you might like it.
              2-79 XS1100 SF
              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I didn't drive to any of them i used my cell phone and my bluetooth and my yellowpages app on my phone to call them and i thought that yamaha had discontinued the fork seals for the specials. I could be wrong I did phone and talk to one of them about it when i ordered my new shift return spring which i have now.
                '79 XS11SF

Comment

I talked to the bike shop i have been dealing with for other items and they said they can get a 37x48x10.5 seal and the brand was or at least what it sounded like on the phone while in my truck was athena.
                  '79 XS11SF

Comment

There you go.
                    2H7 (79)
                    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
                    X