Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dresser project

Hello all.
    Here is my 81H semi custom restoration that I have been working on in the winter months. Started out two years ago with a quick change of all fluids and and paint and my first round of carb cleaning and adjusting. Second winter mounted floorboards, hard bags,trunk and fairing. Replaced front calipers thoroughly cleaned m/c and installed SS lines up front another cleaning and adjusting of carbs ohh what joy getting better with each attempt lol. This winter finally decided that with all the great info that Ive learned from this site decided to tear down to frame and start over.
    Here are the pictures that I have so far more to come

Year one
    Year two
    Year three tear down
    Plan on changing this
    Current 1981 xs1100H
    First Bike was 1982 xj550j

Your Venturer(urer-urer) looks pretty good!

That's a fair piece of work you've got lined up just replacing the fuse box and cleaning up that battery tray. Are you going to paint or powder the engine/frame?
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I thank JeBus that i have a pretty much a 1 owner bike.... My Dad was a combat engineer for the Army. So everything he did to this bike was "anal" to say the least...

Man PO's F bikes up!!!

K i got that out of my system

SeaFoam is your friend my friend... split a bottle between the crank case and gas tank. You will not be disappointed. Please drain the SeaFoam and oil and replace it with fresh oil before you ride it. SeaFoam is awesome to clean up years of sitting but I wouldn't wanna bet a clutch on it.... and for the gas.. it will fix most everything in the carbs but a stuck needle and seat. trust me I've been thru it
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

At least the PO put fuses in and did not just use the butt end connectors to connect the leads. But yeah, PO's do the Strangest things!!

I had that same seat on my first XS11SH and I have to say it looks so much better sitting on that H model especially when surrounded with the tour packs.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Plan on painting motor and polishing side covers cleaning up battery box replacing fuse box. still need to pull motor and check valve clearances and figure out some way of cleaning up the re-welded exhaust. Sure there will be more as it progresses.
          Current 1981 xs1100H

Comment

Nice work Doug, It's coming right along.
            1980G Standard, Restored
            Kerker 4 - 1
            850 Rear End Mod
            2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
            Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
            Automatic CCT
            1980GH Special, Restored
            Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
            '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
            Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Hi Daf1668,
              Nice looking bike.
              I too have an 81 H Venturer. I belive mine has the factory original fairing and hard bags which look completely different from yours.

My Exhaust is 4into1 so not original and the saddle is not original though it is comfortable.
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I bought it naked and while looking around for bags ran across someone selling the Vetter windstar fairing and tour pack off on 80 something kaw with mount brackets for $100.
                Current 1981 xs1100H

Comment

I like to see XS11 dressers....mine started out as a '79 Special and ended up something else...

Comment

Looks nice in Red though i think I still prefer mine in blue
                    Phil
                    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                    X