my first xs eleven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first xs eleven

OK guys, i changed the oil and the plugs. At this point all i want to do is fire it up and im satisfied. the problems are as follows. i have the keys but my off, run off, switch is missing. all im looking at is a blank switch with three prongs sitting there. until i get a new switch can i hot wire it to run? i found a link and printed the elictrical schematic but it doesnt give me all the info im comfortable with to be confident that i know the system. everywhere i have looked i have read that the fuse box needs replacing. well, mine is pretty rusted. another question...i know where the hotwine from the battery goes to but there is no ground wire , so do i just hook it to the frame[ground]?the great news is that the engine ,after a really close inspection reveals no leaks,and the carbs seem to be clean. No dirt dobbers[ is it just a southern thing?] the only oil leakage i see is at the shaft drive to the rear wheel,other than that the engine is dry as a powderhouse. simply , if ican get clean fuel to it, a way to turn it off and on, and ensure that the electrical system is at least working for now, i can fire it off. I really appreciate all of your help. PS:for the life of me i want to feel this machine under my legs and in my hands rolling down the tarmac. gosh i hope im not getting addicted!
    matthew

Wiring

Matt, with the head light removed, locate the three wire connector that the ignition switch is connected to. The colors are, red blue and, brown. Jump the red and blue together. That will power up the system. The brown wire is for the lights. The battery ground is behind the left side cover, near the bottom rear of the battery box. I hope this helps.

Comment

Matt, you are about to cross into the point of no return, if you get it running, you will be hooked, LOL. Later 'Dog

Comment

Working...
      X