Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tires... anyone have any experience with this brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonyg-5386 View Post
    I have the Shinko tourmasters on my vmax. A lot of the guys on vmaxforum.net use the shinkos and recommend them. They took a lot of weights to balance them. It is a very grippy tire and not bad for the money but will wear out quickly depending on your riding style. After 4k miles the rear is showing it's age but the front looks new. The vmax is tough on rear tires so I can't complain. For $125.00 for both tires I can't complain. At TC's suggestion I have Dunlop Elite 3's on my 79 xs1100 special and they are awesome. So would I recommend the shinkos???....yes...not a bad deal for the money.
    Cool thanks

Talked to my Tire guy about them again yesterday. We're looking about $200 total with mount and balance. Of course I can get them off the Net cheaper but then he's gonna charge me more for mount and balance. In the long run I would only save about $10 to $15 to buy them off the Net.
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Two, 2oz kits of Dyna beads cost me 32 Canuck bucks which will do both the back and front tire. I mounted the tires myself with nothing more than dish soap and then put the beads in. I spin the tire and it stops in a different place each time so it must be pretty much balanced. Dish soap was pretty cheap and at 16 bucks a tire for balancing (Dyna bead cost wise) I found that the 40 bucks the shop would charge for a mount and balance to be high. I have never ridden with these installed as of now, so you will have to ask others if they work well on the road. Check them out.
      Oh yeah just a point of interest is that the beads are really hard to get in there. Far from impossible but they were a bitch for me.
      Last edited by Rasputin; 01-27-2012, 07:50 PM.
      2-79 XS1100 SF
      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
      X