Hello To All- Rear Wheel Spacer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello To All- Rear Wheel Spacer Question

Hello to all of you.I have a 1981 xs1100 special.It is in the process of being brought back to life after setting for 10 years.You can imagine all the "fun" I have in store for me.I was given the bike.It came with a side car attached.I have had many conversation's with the nice gentleman who gave me the bike.He is a really kind and considerate person.
    Here is my first of many question's.
    The service manual, and the owners manual I received with the bike show's a "spacer" between the right hand swingarm clamp and the triangle support.I have access to a 1979 xs1100, and the spacer is in place on that one.However it doesnt appear that the 1981 has/uses this spacer.First off, there isnt a groove cut in the caliper mount on my 81 like there is on the 79, second, it would screw up the spaceing between the triangle mount and the caliper mount.Was there a washer there, or does the end of the axle contact the triangle brace directly??This leaves a gap of roughly 3/16" between the swingarm "clamp" and the triangle brace.I cant seem to find a good diagram that show's this.I have look'd at "bikebandit", and the dealer microfiech.
    Any help here would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    "BIG JOHNSON"
    1981 XS1100SH
    FINISHED,READY TO RIDE

This post shows a couple of photos of spacer locations - one of a Special wheel mounted in a Standard frame, another of a Standard wheel inn a Standard frame. The aim is to

This next post has a few photos of the spacer arrangement, etc, of a Special wheel in a Special frame.

The second post probably has a bit more information for your application, including a photo of the spacing you are trying to achieve where the caliper straddles the brake disk.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

You probably already checked it, but does the side car take up any space on the axle. Just a thought. Later 'Dog

Comment

SPACER/HELLO

The second post has a picture with a red circle that show's the special.That is my setup. It appears I have all the correct part's also, and the gap.The standard's use that double flanged spacer between the caliper support and the triangle brace.The special's dont.One problem down!!
        Thank's guy's(and gal's)

The sidecar left the same day I got the bike.The guy who helped me trailer it home wanted it.
        "BIG JOHNSON"
        1981 XS1100SH
        FINISHED,READY TO RIDE

Comment

Working...
        X