Fork Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork Seals

Just a heads up !! Be carefull buying K&S fork seals. They appear to be the wrong size. The seal in the fork is 37id 49od. The seals in the K&S kit are 36id 48od. The package is marked for XS1100 e,f,g,h.

Gregg

Did you buy the seals directly, or through someone like Dennis Kirk? This topic has come up before; problem may not be with K&S. DK has some products incorrectly labeled.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I did not get directly from K&S but the K&S packaging clearly states for XS1100 e,f,g,h and gives the size as 36/48.

Comment

Re: Fork Seals

Originally posted by tctenng
        Just a heads up !! Be carefull buying K&S fork seals. They appear to be the wrong size. The seal in the fork is 37id 49od. The seals in the K&S kit are 36id 48od. The package is marked for XS1100 e,f,g,h.

Gregg
        I only use factory Yamaha fork seals in my XS11. They cost more but they're worth it.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I put an off brand in around 99, they lasted till this past summer when I replaced the springs, but they were mostly semi-liquid when I took them out. I put in genuine Yammie ones, they are almost twice as big as the old ones. I don't recall the exact price but they was not very expensive.
          Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

3RiIO

The number is 3RilO
            Last edited by tctenng; 07-20-2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X